CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS: Open
The 9th annual Culture Days weekend is September 28, 29, 30, 2018 and will feature thousands of free, hands-on, interactive arts and cultural activities. Nuit Blanche Winnipeg falls on Saturday, September 29 of the Culture Days weekend from 6 p.m. until 2 a.m.
Volunteer Orientation at Little Brown Jug Brewing , 336 William Ave, Winnipeg.
At orientation, you will receive:
- A complimentary beer provided by Little Brown Jug and/or non-alcoholic beverage and snacks
- Information about Nuit Blanche Winnipeg and Culture Days Manitoba
- Training and information about your volunteer position
- Volunteer Package containing a Volunteer T-Shirt, Collectable #nbwpg Totebag (designed by artist Josiah Koppanyi), coupons for Bodegoes and more!
As a volunteer, you show support to our arts and culture scene, meet new friends with the same interests, and become part of the biggest contemporary arts and culture celebration in Manitoba.
- Meet with artist ahead of time to talk about the project
- Provide set-up and take-down support
- Be comfortable speaking to the public about art installations
- Fill in for the artists should they need to step away from the installation, both in terms of answering questions from the public as well as ensuring the public interacts with the installation appropriately
- Shifts available: 12pm – 5pm, 5pm- 9pm, 9pm to 12am and 12am to 3am
- Event set up and tear down, which including installing/dismantling signage, barricades and other duties as assigned
- Be a resource to members of the public by answering questions, providing maps, keeping the site clean, being a visible presence and signalling any safety issues to the security team
- Shifts: 5pm- 9pm, 9pm to 12am and 12am to 3am