How can you get involved?
It’s getting closer to our festival, and time to start registering all of those great events! Here is how it works:
- Create an account on our Culture Days Manitoba website. If you already have one, you can just log in. To find our CDM website click HERE and then select Dashboard from the menu.
- Once you are all logged in, you can follow these detailed instructions to set up your event. The instructions are HERE.
- Within 48hrs your event will be published on the Culture Days Website. Once it’s published, you’ll be notified, and then we will send you our Code of Conduct. Please make sure to digitally accept the code (via check box) to be included in our festival.
- Finally, we will then add you to our Nuit Blanche “Hub” on the Culture Days Website. We will promote the “Hub” to media outlets and our followers through various socials.
- Your event will appear on our pocket map, websites, and our new app. We love to promote creative events and hope you will join us for NBW 2023!
Illuminate the Night
Open call to artists
Each year, an Open Call is held for artists to propose pieces that will enhance the audience experience of Nuit Blanche Winnipeg. Projects are selected by a jury of artists and art professionals and are featured in Winnipeg’s downtown core.
This is a call inviting artists working in all artistic mediums to submit projects- performance artists, installation artists, textile artists, graphic designers, media artists, architects, and general creative thinkers – with a performance, exhibition or installation that will enthrall, excite, and possibly introduce Winnipeggers to something they have never seen or experienced before.
For 2023, Illuminate the Night invites submissions from any Manitoban artist or group of artists. Projects that present a unique and engaging interpretation of the theme of “Illuminate the Night” are encouraged. Projects that utilize audience interaction, light and / or illumination are desired. An artist honorarium of $2,000 will be provided to each selected project in 2023. The 2023 Open Call is now closed.
Five Tips for Independent Organizers and Creatives:
- Brainstorm, pick and plan an idea for your event. Get started with ideas from our Programming Guide!
- Find a business, a gallery, or a space to host your idea in The Exchange District, Downtown, or St. Boniface. Or if you are a business, you can partner with an artist or a collective. Need help? Contact us and we can help match artists with arts and cultural institutions.
- Register your events with culturedays.ca/en/login by the deadline.
- Email email@example.com the link to your event and to let us know where it will be located . Once approved, we will add your event to the Nuit Blanche Winnipeg Hub on the Nuit Blanche and Culture Days website.
- Promote your event any way you can! Create posters, post on social media & invite your friends and family!