Nuit Blanche Winnipeg offers two ways to get involved:
- The first is an open invitation for all individuals, organizations, and groups. When you register for Nuit Blanche, you are registering under Culture Days Manitoba programming. The deadline to register your 2021 event and have it included on the website is Friday, September 10. For 2021, we strongly encourage anyone who wants to take part in Nuit Blanche Winnipeg to consider presenting on multiple nights throughout the Culture Days month, September 24 – October 24. This will help avoid large crowds / gatherings and will enable audiences to access art / activities any evening that works for them.
- “Illuminate the Night” is an open call that is held annually for artists to propose pieces that will enhance the audience experience of Nuit Blanche Winnipeg. Projects are selected by a jury of artists and art professionals and are featured in Winnipeg’s downtown core neighbourhoods. For 2021, Illuminate the Night will expand to run every evening throughout the month of Culture Days, September 24 – October 24.
Nuit Blanche Winnipeg is run by the staff of Culture Days Manitoba, 2021 Presenting Partner the Manitoba Arts Council and the Nuit Blanche Winnipeg Artist Advisory Committee.
SIX STEPS TO CREATING A SUCCESSFUL NUIT BLANCHE EVENT:
- Brainstorm, pick and plan an idea. Get started with ideas from our Programming Guide!
- Find a business, a gallery, or a space to host your idea in The Exchange District, Downtown, the West End, or St. Boniface. Or if you are a business, you can partner with an artist or a collective. Need help? Contact us and we can help match artists with businesses, galleries and arts and cultural institutions. Make sure your location is able to implement COVID-19 protocols such as availability of hand sanitizer, physical distancing / ground markings, and crowd limitations.
- Register your events with culturedays.ca/en/login by Tuesday, Sept 7 (10:59 pm CST).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to your event and to let us know where it will be located (and how it will adhere to provincial health regulations). Once approved, we will add your event to the Nuit Blanche Winnipeg Hub on the Culture Days website as well as the nuitblanchewinnipeg.ca website and promotional campaign.
- Promote your event any way you can! Create posters, post on social media & invite your friends and family!
In our collective quest to make art accessible for everyone during Nuit Blanche Winnipeg and Culture Days Manitoba, we are focusing our efforts on safety, security, cleanliness and respect! We hope you will join us and make this year exceptionally wonderful!